The Downloader app is officially available on Amazon Store. You don’t have to side-load it onto your device. Here is how you can install the app:
1. Go to the home screen of the Fire TV / Stick if you are already not there.
2. Use your remote to navigate to Find > Search on the menu bar in the middle of the screen.
3. Now type in Downloader (without the quotes) using the onscreen keypad. You should see the app suggestions on the list as you begin typing.
When you see Downloader on the list, select and click it.
4. You should now see Downloader under the APPS & GAMES section. Go ahead and click it.
5. Click the ‘Get‘ or ‘Download‘ button to download and install the app. You should have the app in no more than a couple of minutes.
Once the app is installed, you can access it from the Your Apps & Channels section (more on it later).
How to Prepare FireStick to Use Downloader and Sideload Apps
Follow these steps:
1. Launch your FireStick home screen and navigate to the Settings icon.
2. Scroll down to the My Fire TV tile and click on it.
3. Click About (only if you DO NOT see Developer Options on this screen).
4. Click on your Fire TV Stick quickly 7 times.
5. You will see a notification at the bottom saying No need, you are already a developer. That’s it, you have enabled Developer Options.
6. Press the back button once or go back to Settings > My Fire TV and you will now see Developer Options.
7. Select Install unknown apps.
Note: Some versions of FireStick may have the option Apps from Unknown Sources instead of Install unknown apps. In that scenario, select Apps from Unknown Sources, turn it ON and skip step 5 below.
8. Navigate to Downloader and select it to turn it ON.
How to Download Apps on FireStick Using Downloader App
Now that you have prepared your FireStick, I will show you how to sideload apps on your Fire TV or FireStick within minutes. But, before that, here are a couple of extras to make your life easier.
To access Downloader from Your Apps & Channels (which is a list of the installed apps on FireStick), follow these steps:
1. Select the app icon on the home screen in the menu bar in the middle (the icon on the right with 3 squares and a + sign). You may also click the similar button if you have one on your remote.
2. Scroll down and click Downloader.
Getting Started with Downloader
When you open the app for the first time, click Allow to grant permission.
Click OK on this Quick Start Guide prompt.
Download/Install APKs on FireStick with Direct URL
Let us first use the ‘Home’ option, which lets us directly download the files using the URLs pointing at those files.
1. Click Home on the left sidebar.
2. On the right, click inside the input/text box.
Go ahead and enter the following path on this window:
Note: You may also use the shortened version of the URL softwarek.me/sma
11. Give it a minute or two until the IPTV Smarter is downloaded onto your FireStick device
12. When the download has completed, the Downloader app will run the APK file and the installation will start
13. Wait for the installation to finish
14. Installation is concluded with the App installed notification
You may now choose to click OPEN and get started with IPTV Smarters
I recommend choosing DONE so that you may first delete the APK file and save some space on the FireStick storage
15. If you clicked DONE above, you will be back on the Downloader interface
16. Again, click Delete
Great! You now have the IPTV Smarters app on FireStick.